Week 6 | Atmosphere Seq 2
Updated: May 7
Adjusting the Volumetrics
This weekend I focused on adjusting the lights in the foundry environment so that there was more light and atmosphere where the car is located. This way, the car looked like it existed in the same world. I moved the light back and increase the cone angle to light a larger area of the scene. Below is the test render layer of the newest atmosphere.
This is the test slap comp I put together with minor grade, color correct, and denoise nodes just to get an idea if I was heading in the right direction.
This is the histogram of the quick comp that I put together...
Atmosphere in Shot 7
I also tested to see how the atmosphere was holding up in shot 7 as well. This is a test render of that shot with the fog lights that I set up in the scene. When all the car shader issues and finalized lighting gets worked out, then the lighting team can start applying the necessary changes for the shot.
This time around I increase the exposure on all the lights so that it wasn't so dark and desaturated. The first slap comp below were the previous lighting set up with less exposure and more fill, whereas the slap comp on the right has a lot more exposure on every light in the scene. I also increased the saturation on the lights so that the color remains.
This histogram on this test slap comp looks like this... there are still some increased black levels due to the character not being in the render.